Making the right decision for you or your love ones at an affordable price
Hire Direct – Health Care Professionals completely screened and ready to assist. Our Health Care Professionals offer encouragement, compassion, understanding and keeping you or your loved one as independent as possible, all in the comfort of your home.
While Keeping Your Loved One at Home- Bringing in Help Can Help
Family caregivers understand that the commitment to your loved one is beyond question. Whether you’ve been providing care for a month, a year, or a decade, you’ve clearly dedicated yourself to ensuring that your loved one has the best care and quality of life possible for as long as possible. Encouraging independence, safety and positive outcomes is the reason we become caregivers.
There may come a time in any caregiving relationship, however, when outside help is needed to maintain that quality of care. This help may be necessary on a temporary basis or it may be crucial to keeping your loved one in his/her home. When that time comes, knowing just a little about the different aspects of home care will go a long way toward making you feel more in control.
What Is Home Care?
Home care is a general term that represents a wide range of community-based services, from supporting someone who is recuperating from an acute situation, such as surgery or a hip fracture, to providing in-home healthcare services to an individual with an ongoing chronic condition such as Alzheimer’s disease, Respiratory disease, Cardiac/Heart disease, Diabetes or rehabilitation services.
Skills and duties of Health Care Professionals may vary. One thing they have in common is making it possible for you or your love ones to remain at home in a safe environment, to have more independence than they did before. In the process, they also provide family caregivers with a chance to replenish their depleted physical and emotional reserves.
Star Nursing Mission
Our mission is to ensure dignity, quality care and quality of life to the senior industry by providing them with the most highly skilled and dependable Health Care Professionals.
Our personal approach, comprehensive screening process and supervision by Nurse Managers, will offer you and your family peace of mind, when selecting your own Health Care Professional.
Why Hire Direct via Star Nursing?
- Nurse owned and managed
- More than 30+ years of experience in screening and hiring Health Care Professionals
- Health Care professionals completed profile available for your review
- Thousands of Health Care Professional prequalified in our data base
- Star Nursing will match a Health Care professional to meet the needs of the client
- If your Health Care professional is not a good match, no charge for a replacement within the first thirty (30) days.
- Easy, Convenient, less expensive than going through a home care agency. Often 40%-50% less per hour
- Hire the Health Care Professional directly with our assistance. We will show how to manage payroll taxes, social security withholdings, adding coverage if needed to your home owner insurance policy to protect you (worker compensation)
- Safeguard by ensuring all Health Care Professional carry professional liability insurance
- Star Nursing’s specialty will connect high quality, insured, trustworthy and reliable Health Care Professionals with families seeking to hire direct.
What is included in a completed profile?
All home-care providers are per-screened for the following
- Employment verification or personal reference (minimum of two-current)
- Certification /Licensure– verified
- Current TB Skin test or negative Chest X-ray
- Skill competency
- Testing per specialty
- Urine drug tested
- Complete Background Investigation includes
- Seven (7) years nationwide Federal Criminal Checks, Local County Checks
- Statewide Sex Offender Registry
- Nationwide Social Security Check
- Driving Record –State/County of residency
Specialty Train Health Care Professionals
In additional we have Health Care Professionals educated /trained in specialty services
- Brain Injury
- Cardiac concerns
- Respiratory concerns
- Specialty diets
- Medication Management
- Disease Management
- Case Management
- Care Management
How long has Star Nursing been in Business?
The owner and founder of Star Nursing have offered nursing services throughout California since 2001. We consider ourselves “Elderly Experts”. We have a reputation for excellent customer service, high quality Health Care Professionals that are always willing to go the extra mile to ensure the clients they serve within their community are completely satisfied with our services.
What are your service areas/locations?
Our administrative office is located in Northern California; however we provide serviced throughout Northern and Southern California
Is the timing right for additional support at home?
The first step is to make sure you and your loved one are comfortable with the idea of someone else taking on some of the tasks that you’ve been doing by yourself. Many factors can affect this decision, but a good starting point is to ask yourself if you or your loved one has one or more of these concerns:
- Illness or injury that requires assistance
- Surgical recovery assistance
- Families who live out of town
- One or more unplanned hospital stays
- One or more visits to the emergency room
- One or more fall, trips, or slips
- Forgets to take medication
- Over/under dosing of medications
- Personal hygiene not maintained
- Special diets or treatment plan
- Daily Blood Pressure monitoring
- Diabetes/Blood sugar monitoring
- Non-compliance with the prescribed plan of care
- Home environment not maintained
- Difficult and anxiety with new tasks
- Loss of driving privileges
- Any degree of cognitive impairment
What are the benefits of hiring a Health Care Professional directly?
Choosing Star Nursing to assist you in finding the perfect Health Care Professional will save you a significant amount of money, as you will not be paying a substantially higher pay rate that is charged by home care/home health agencies for supportive services. Weather you require a Health Care Professional occasional, a few hours a week or 24/7 you will benefit greatly from our services.
Support Services you can expect:
- Hospice Care
- Respite Care
- Recovery Care
- Surgical Recovery Care
- Physical Disabilities
- Memory Impairment/Cognitive Impairment
- Alzheimer’s Care/Dementia Care
- Parkinson Disease
- Chronic Conditions
- Acute Conditions
- Cardiac/Heart Disease
- Respiratory Disease /COPD
- Renal Disease/Kidney Failure
- Assistance with ADL’s (Activity of Daily Living)
- Light Housekeeping
- Meal preparation
- Patient Advocate
- Geriatric Care Managers
- Case Managers
- Short Term or Long Term Support
Health Care Professional’s include:
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA)
- Certified Home Health Aides (HHA)
- Personal Care Attendants
Interview your potential Health Care Professionals
Absolutely, in fact we encourage it; we would be able to arrange an in-home or telephone interview for you with one or more compatible Health Care Professionals. If for any reason your Health Care Professional is not a good match within the first thirty (30) days, you will never need to feel uncomfortable requesting a new Health Care Professional; we are experts in making sure this transition is a seamless process.
Types of Personal Care Services
Health Care Professionals are versed in multiple skills and exceptional caregiving experience, allowing us to match them to your unique needs. You may require a Health Care Professional for personal care or non-medical needs to include:
Personal Care Services and Activities of Daily Living
- Incontinence Care
- Ambulatory Assistance
- Wheelchairs/Walkers Assistance
- Exercise Assistance
- Respite Care
- Morning and Bedtime Assistance
- Communication with Family Members
- Eating Assistance / Feeding
- Meal Preparation
- Diet Assistance
- Shopping & Errands
- Prescription Pick Up
- Escort to Appointments
- Activity Planning
- Reading Assistance
- Conversation and Stimulation
- Make Appointments
- Light Housekeeping
- Vital signs monitoring
Household and Housekeeping Services can include:
- Welcome home program
- Light Housekeeping
- Laundry/Linen changed
- Kitchen/Bathroom Cleaning
- Appliances/Fridge Cleaning
- Clean and Mop Floors
- Watering Plants
- Sweeping Decks/Porches/Walkway
- Clean-Hose down outdoor furniture
- Organizing Closets/Cupboards
- Pet Care/Dog Walking
Finding the most compatible Health Care Professional to meet your needs
This process begins as soon as you inquire about our services. You will speak directly to one of our Nurse Managers, whom will gather information about your unique needs, preferences, anticipated schedule, type of Health Care Professional requested as well as several other questions ensuring we locate the correct Health Care Profession for you.
Once the Nurse Manager has gathered enough detailed information, we will identify and discuss with you potential Health Care Professionals. You will have the opportunity to review completed profiles, the final decision is your choice, and will always be up to you. We will never assign a Health Care Professional without your approval.
Most Long Term Care Insurance Policies Cover Our Services
Most long term care policies provide coverage; however, each policy is different and may have requirements that need to be met before they will reimburse. We understand that sometimes these policies can be complicated with confusing terminology. If you have a long term care insurance policy we strongly recommend that you call your agent or insurer for benefit clarification and that you begin the claims process as early as you can. Unfortunately Medicare/Medi-Cal benefits do not reimburse for our services.
What is the fee for your services?
We offer flat fees based on hours required. Fees are based on Health Care Professional status
- Flat fee for under 20 hours/week
- Flat fee for over 20/hours/week
You can rest assure our rates are very competitive with easy payment options. We provide the highest quality of Health Care Professions to meet your needs at an affordable cost
Contact us today