- Compliance with Star Nursing’s Code of Conduct and Facility’s policies
- Annual competence documentation, Joint Commission safety, and HIPAA forms
- Copy of verified nursing license, ID, Social Security and certification cards on file
- Performance is monitored and regularly assessed
- Two “Above Satisfactory” references verified from the previous facility supervisors within the last two years
We have a multi-step process to assure that nurses are competent and qualified. Our comprehensive plan for verifying medical credentials, work history, malpractice, applicant screening and risk mitigation is shown below. Our agency implements pre-employment skill testing, screening mechanisms, reference checks and background checks, urine drug testing and post hire training and updates
Screening & Hiring Policy and Procedure
1. Applicants to Star Nursing must meet these minimum requirements:
- Health Care Personnel must have a minimum of two years, recent acute care experience
- Must speak, understand, read and write the English language fluently
2. All Applicants are required to provide these basic documents:
- Signed Application
- Certification/license (per classification)
- Photo ID (driver’s license, passport, state ID)
- Signed Job Description
- Completed I-9 hiring form with supporting documentation demonstrating eligibility
- Immigrations Documents (as appropriate)
- Social Security Card
- BLS and/or ACLS/PALS/NRP/TNCC (per specialty)
- Minimum of two current professional worked related references
- Physical Health Statement issued within the last twelve(12) months
- Current-Tuberculosis test or chest x-ray with medical assessment (annually)
- Serum titers for: Rubella, Mumps, Rubeola, Varicella, Hepatitis B, Influenza Vaccine inoculation documentation, Tdap or declination
- Mask-fit testing (N95) prior to hire and annually
3. Applicants are prepared to show Photo ID, Certification/Licensure, BLS/CPR, to their assigned facility upon arrival for their initial shift.
4. Other documents are required depending on Applicant’s classification, area of specialty, desired position. For example:
- Additional employment verifications or references
- A score of 80% or greater on additional testing specific to the specialty or facility
- Experience minimums are set by each facility, and Star Nursing will provide Agency staff that meet or exceed these individualized criteria.
- Competency testing is done for all Agency staff A score of 80% or greater is required. Hospital Agency staff competency testing is provided and maintained by Star Nursing.
- Employment verifications are obtained for all applicants.
- A 10-12-panel urine drug screen is required prior to hire.
- Background investigations are performed for applicants.
- Background Investigations include a nationwide Federal Criminal Check, Local County Checks, Statewide Sex Offender Registry, Nationwide Social Security Check, employment records, driving records, etc.,
- Star Nursing also consults the Excluded Parties List System (http://www.epls.gov/) and HHS Office of Inspector General (htty://exclusion.oig.hhs.gov/) for all applicants